This year’s Explore Santa Cruz magazine is celebratory through and through.
It’s exciting for me to see these pages once again packed with places to go and things to do—many of them places we couldn’t go to and things we couldn’t do a year ago, thanks to the pandemic. And the features that open each section have a real joy to them, too. Who knew it would be emotional to write about a spa place finally reopening? Or the ways that restaurants and other local businesses have innovated to survive—and now, hopefully, thrive.
But each story in this issue gets me where I live, because it means something about who we are as a community, and how far we’ve come since the shutdown of March 2020. Santa Cruz County is back! Whether you’re a local or a visitor, let this magazine be your guide to discovering it, or rediscovering it all over again!
STEVE PALOPOLI | EDITOR
READ ALL EXPLORE SANTA CRUZ 2020 COVERAGE:
- Farmers Markets
- Attractions and the Outdoors
- Arts and Entertainment
- Rest and Relaxation
- How Chefs, Wineries and Breweries Worked to Save the Dining Scene
- Santa Cruz’s First Walking Guide Offers a Way to Discover the Landscape
- Comedy Has Returned in Santa Cruz—Here’s Where to Find It
- Yuzu & Rose Innovates with DIY Artistic Outlet, Creative Business Model
- Well Within is Back, Just in Time for Overdue Self Care
- Santa Cruz Naturals Dispensary Celebrates 10 Years
Browse the full flip-through edition of the Explore Santa Cruz 2021 magazine:
Cover photograph by Max Burns, Insta: @maxbphotography. Cover design by Kara Brown.